Mental Health | Stress | Anxiety
If you are a patient of Rugged Shores Family Health or Medical Associates, you can call your respective clinic and request a referral for a virtual appointment with a Mental Health Social Worker.
- Parry Sound - Grocery Assistance and Volunteer Opportunity
- Kids Help Phone line
- COVID-19 topic to kids
- COVID-19 for kids with Olivia Attia, interviewed by her Dad, Dr. Peter Attia:
- Ementalhealth.ca - non-profit initiative of the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Hands - The Family Help Network - Covid Support and Resources
- Safespot - online platform that connects youth with local youth and child mental health providers to help them cope during the COVID-19 pandemic
- #COVIDwithKIDS to share resources and provide support for families during the #COVID19 pandemic
- My Hero is You, Storybook for Children on COVID-19
- Children’s Mental Health Ontario (CMHO) has prepared a Back-to-School Mental Health Kit
- School Mental Health Ontario - tips and resources to help student mental health
- Patient Resources: Mental Health and Addictions
- Not a Well - resource document for health care professionals and front line
- BounceBack: A guided self-help program for adults and youth aged 15 and over using workbooks with online videos and phone coaching support.
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Big White Wall, a 24/7 anonymous online education and discussion platform for mental health support
- ConnexOntario, 1.866.531.2600. Ontario Mental health, addictions and problem gambling help line, which can provide contact information for local mental health and addictions services and supports, including crisis lines.
- Physicians have access to the OMA Physician Health Program at 1-800-851-6606
- Tolerance for Uncertainty: A COVID-19 Workbook. A guide to accept your feelings, tolerate distress, and thrive
- Free Virtual Event: Happiness in Times of Crisis:
- SPARK and the Government of Ontario are connecting volunteers with community response efforts to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Strengthening Mental Health and Wellness
Hope for Wellness Helpline: Indigenous peoples can call
1-855-242-3310 for immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention across Canada (available in some Indigenous languages). Live web chat is also available.
Talk 4 Healing: Indigenous women can get help, support and resources seven days a week, 24 hours a day, with services in 14 languages by calling or texting
- Emotional Intelligence - Corona Care Toolkit (free)
- Anxiety Canada
- Public Health Ontario - Fact Sheet on Taking Care of Yourself and Each Other
- TED TALK - It's OK to feel overwhelmed. Here's what to do next
- A little humour - TV series MASH and COVID 19
- Guide to living with worry and anxiety amidst global uncertainty
- How to respond effectively to the COVID crisis
- Health services for healthcare workers
- Transgender Crisis Line: 1.877.330.6366
- A Friend Voice for Seniors: 1.855.892.9992
- Psychological First Aid for Frontline Health Care Providers during COVID 19
- Sexual Violence and COVID19
- Waypoint - COVID Frontline Wellness - for health care workers
- Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support
- Top Parenting Tips for Parent and Carers during COIVD19
- TEND we offer resources and training to address the complex needs of high stress, trauma-exposed workplaces: COVID 19 Resources
- Evidence Exchange Network (EENet) on the Impact of COVID-19 on Mental Health and Well-being on Monday June 8, 2020.
- TALK2NICE- free, nationwide over the phone outreach support service connecting older adults and disabled persons with social workers and social work students from the National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly
- The Wellness Together Canada portal is a great resource for Canadians struggling with their #mentalhealth due to #COVID19.
- Virtual Care for Mental Health & Addictions During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- CMA - A new era in physician health and wellness
- AbilitiCBT is an internet-based cognitive behavioral therapy (iCBT) program that you can access from any device, any time.
- Insomnia self-management program
- A course to educate and train you in mental health and substance use support skills so that you know how to identify, understand and respond to crisis situations.
- Centre for Clinical Interventions - Looking after yourself