COVID 19 Vaccine Information
COVID-19 vaccine authorization
Health Canada has authorized the first COVID-19 vaccines for use in Canada after a thorough and rigorous review of the evidence to ensure the vaccines meet the standards of safety, quality and efficacy for authorization in Canada. Health Canada will continue to monitor the safety of the vaccines after they are available.
- Primary care providers and patients can be confident. Standards of safety, efficacy, and quality have not been compromised to expedite the approval of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Health Canada oversight of COVID-19 vaccines will NOT stop at approval. Health Canada will monitor the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness now and into the future.
- Research into the value of mRNA for vaccinations has been progressing for over ten years. Though the new vaccine is the first mRNA vaccine approved for use in humans, mRNA has been successfully used in cancer treatments.
Centre for Effective Practice has very comprehensive information, you can review here
Ministry of Ontario
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Ontario
- COVID-19 Vaccine Safety
- Ontario's vaccine distribution implementation plan
- Ethical Framework for COVID-19 Vaccine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Ontario Medical Association
- Ontario Medical Association - from Ontario's physicians
- Ontario Medical Association - Answers Myths and Facts
- Canadian Medical Association - Questions and Answers COVID-19
- A collection of resources on Covid-19 vaccines, including frequently asked questions, continuing medical education, published research, and commentary.
- David Kaplan Q&A – COVID-19 Vaccine education
- Dryden Regional Health Centre
- Parry Sound Family Health Team
- Dr. Prichard, Parry Sound Family Health Team, discusses COVID-19 vaccines
- Dr. Anderson, Parry Sound Family Health Team discusses COVID-19 vaccines and pregnancy
- Dr. Gibson, Parry Sound Family Health Team discusses COVID-19 vaccines and allergies
- Dr. Higgins, musical message about COVID-19 vaccines
- Unambiguous Science - Vaccine Infographics
- Video - Facts and fiction - COVID-19 mRNA vaccinations
- All about COVID-19 Vaccines with Drs. Sharffaf and Robinson
- North Bay Parry Sound Public Health Unit - FAQs
- Facts and Myths about the COVID-19 vaccine
- COVID-19 Misinformation - Onions don't cure COVID-19
- Feb 23, 2021 - How did we get COVID-19 vaccines so fast?
- OHA - Science Behind vaccine dose intervals
- COVID-19 Community of Practice Sessions. MDs from across Ontario
- Ontario College of Family Physicians information about vaccines
- What you need to know about vaccines
- CFPC the COVID-1 Pivot: Vaccine update for family physicians
- Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Stratford family physician Dr. Sean Blaine dispels some of the myths and misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine.
- How do vaccines work?
- COVID-19 - Multilanguage Information Sheets
COVID-19 Vaccine Safety