COVID 19 Vaccine Information
COVID-19 vaccine authorization
Health Canada has authorized the first COVID-19 vaccines for use in Canada after a thorough and rigorous review of the evidence to ensure the vaccines meet the standards of safety, quality and efficacy for authorization in Canada. Health Canada will continue to monitor the safety of the vaccines after they are available.
- Primary care providers and patients can be confident. Standards of safety, efficacy, and quality have not been compromised to expedite the approval of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Health Canada oversight of COVID-19 vaccines will NOT stop at approval. Health Canada will monitor the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness now and into the future.
- Research into the value of mRNA for vaccinations has been progressing for over ten years. Though the new vaccine is the first mRNA vaccine approved for use in humans, mRNA has been successfully used in cancer treatments.
Centre for Effective Practice has very comprehensive information, you can review here
Ministry of Ontario
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Ontario
- COVID-19 Vaccine Safety
- Ontario's vaccine distribution implementation plan
- Ethical Framework for COVID-19 Vaccine
- A collection of resources on Covid-19 vaccines, including frequently asked questions, continuing medical education, published research, and commentary.
- Ontario College of Family Physicians information about vaccines
- What you need to know about vaccines
- David Kaplan Q&A – COVID-19 Vaccine education
- CFPC the COVID-1 Pivot: Vaccine update for family physicians
- Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists