Mental Health Therapy and Resources
How do I get Mental Health Therapy at the Parry Sound Family Health Team?
This is NOT for patients in a mental health crisis.
Patients of Rugged Shores Family Health and Medical Associates can book an appointment with their family physician (virtual, or in person) and request a referral to our Mental Health Team to begin the therapy process.
Does this cost money?
- Patients have access to therapy sessions covered through the Ministry of Health, you need a valid health card. Please note, if you do not show up for an appointment or cancel without 24 hours notice your no show appointment will be counted as a session.
What is the wait time?
- Current wait time for an appointment is 3-6 months.
What if I am in a mental health crisis?
- Call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest Hospital Emergency Department
- Other sources:
- Community Mental Health (Parry Sound): 705-746-4264
- B'saanibamaadsiwin: 705-746-2515
- After Hours Crisis ONLY: 1-800-461-5424
- Hands - The Family Help Network, crisis line for youth: 1.844.287.9072
- Muskoka Parry Sound Sexual Assault Services. 24/7 women’s sexual assault helpline: 1-800-461-2929
- Self Help Resources for Mental Health Problems
- Tolerance for Uncertainty: A COVID-19 Workbook
- Help Guide
- Anxiety Canada
- Anxiety Plan Map for Adults
- Anxiety Plan Map for Children
- Anxiety Self Help Topics
- Anxiety in Adults
- General Anxiety Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cerebral Palsy
- My Grief
- Kids Help Phone line
- Ementalhealth.ca - non-profit initiative of the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Hands - The Family Help Network - Covid Support and Resources
- Patient Resources: Mental Health and Addictions
- Not a Well - resource document for health care professionals and front line
- BounceBack: A guided self-help program for adults and youth aged 15 and over using workbooks with online videos and phone coaching support.
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Togetherall, a 24/7 anonymous online education and discussion platform for mental health support
- ConnexOntario, 1.866.531.2600. Ontario Mental health, addictions and problem gambling help line, which can provide contact information for local mental health and addictions services and supports, including crisis lines.
- Physicians have access to the OMA Physician Health Program at 1-800-851-6606
- Strengthening Mental Health and Wellness
- Hope for Wellness Helpline: Indigenous peoples can call 1-855-242-3310 for immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention across Canada (available in some Indigenous languages). Live web chat is also available.
- Talk 4 Healing: Indigenous women can get help, support and resources seven days a week, 24 hours a day, with services in 14 languages by calling or texting 1-855-554-4325.
- Public Health Ontario - Fact Sheet on Taking Care of Yourself and Each Other
- TED TALK - It's OK to feel overwhelmed. Here's what to do next
- Transgender Crisis Line: 1.877.330.6366
- A Friend Voice for Seniors: 1.855.892.9992
- TALK2NICE- free, nationwide over the phone outreach support service connecting older adults and disabled persons with social workers and social work students from the National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly
- CMA - A new era in physician health and wellness
- AbilitiCBT is an internet-based cognitive behavioral therapy (iCBT) program that you can access from any device, any time.
- Insomnia self-management program
- Centre for Clinical Interventions - Looking after yourself