Prenatal Clinic (PNC)
Prenatal Clinic (PNC)
Congratulations! You are pregnant!
If you're pregnant and looking for a fabulous collaboration of physicians to look after you and your baby, look no further than the Parry Sound Family Health Team's Prenatal Clinic for all your care.
The PNC Team here at the Parry Sound Family Health Team is here ensure all pregnant women in our area receive outstanding prenatal care and it is our commitment to provide a family doctor to anyone that is currently pregnant and followed in our Prenatal Clinic.
If your Family Doctor practices Obstetrics:
- You will be seen by them for your prenatal appointments until 30 weeks gestation (if your Family Doctor is away during a week that you need to be seen, the Prenatal Clinic (PNC) will see you that week). At 30 weeks gestation, you will be referred to our PNC. Here you will be seen by one of our Parry Sound Family Health Team Obstetrics Doctors on a rotating basis. The goal is to have you meet all the Doctors by the time you deliver. The Obstetrics Doctor “on-call” the wee that you deliver, will be your delivery doctor.
If your Family Doctor DOES NOT practice Obstetrics:
- You will be referred immediately to our PNC once your pregnancy has been confirmed during a visit to the office.
For more details, contact our offices:
- Rugged Shores Family Health 705.746.2181
- Medical Associates 705.746.9382
Planning and preparing during pregnancy:
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy - Health Canada
- Healthy Babies Health Children Program - Ontario Ministry of Health
- Prenatal Classes - North Bay Parry Sound District
- Prenatal Education - Key Messages for Ontario
- Guide to understanding prenatal screening tests for Down Syndrome, Trisomy 18, and Open Neural Tube Defects
- Cannabis and Pregnancy Don’t Mix
- Nausea & Vomiting
- Listeria infection, a foodborne bacterial illness
- Physical Activity in Pregnancy
- Circumcision of baby boys: Information for parents
- Having a Baby - Government Services/Benefits
- Oxytocin: To Help Start or Speed Up Your Labour
- Breastfeeding Clinic/Support - North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
- Breastfeeding - Ontario Ministry of Health
- Biological Nurturing Laid-back Breastfeeding
- Skin to Skin is the healthiest place to begin
- International Breastfeeding Centre
- Signs that Feeding is Going Well
- Register your Newborn - Ontario Ministry of Health
- Baby’s Second Night
- Pregnancy & life with a new baby are not always what you expect:
- How is your child developing?
- Immunization Information on the Internet: Can you trust what you read?
- Pain Management During Immunizations for Children
- Fever- Kids Health
- Fever - Mayo Clinic
- What about dads?
- Information for parents from Canada's paediatricians
Getting out in the Community:
Some other websites of interest:
Online guides for everyday parenting questions
- Rourke Baby Record
- About Kids Health (Sick Kids)
- Healthy Children (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Best Start